Thursday, June 7, 2012

KHATS(2)


My second tip to you single mothers out there is to KEEP SWEET!  Every conversation I have on the phone with my mother-in-law ends with her challenging me to keep sweet.   {Instead of saying, "Bye." she says "Keep Sweet!".}  I have often wondered why she has felt the need to tell me to keep sweet.  I mean, my husband tells me that I am so sweet I would melt in the rain!  {Ha-ha-ha!  I don't believe everything he says. LOL} On days when your husband (or boss, or whomever) gives you a to do list a mile long, but one child - who you just fed an hour ago- is crying and saying, "EAT, EAT!"; and the other child has said, "Mama, Mama." about fifty times in the last five minutes...it can be a challenge.  I will offer you two tips to help you in your effort to keep sweet.

  1. Whisper when you feel the need to yell.  When Aaliyah notices that I am whispering the situation immediately becomes serious to her.  She sits up straighter and listens harder.  This has REALLY helped me in my effort to have my children remember me as a happy mother instead of an angry one.
  2. Outlaw certain words from your home.  Two illegal words in our home are shut-up and stupid.  Anytime Aaliyah hears anyone say either of these words she says, "Ooooh, don't say that.  That is not nice!"
I hope these tips help you on your journey of motherhood!

Proverbs 31:26
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Until next time,

KEEP SWEET!

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...