Monday, April 5, 2010

Gardening Tip #2 - Check your zone

One thing that helped me in gardening is knowing what my hardiness zone was. This differes from state to state, and sometimes differs in different parts of the state. I live in zone 7. Knowing your zone can help you to know when to plant what. You can find out your zone online or in a home and garden book. The first year I gardened, an old Home and Garden book that I found at the library was my gardening bible. It had a zone chart, a chart that told me what to plant beside what, and when to plant each vegetable and fruit for maximum growth and yielding. Now I have a book called "Just the Facts". IT IS GREAT!

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...