Tuesday, August 14, 2012

KHATS 8 - Guard Your Relationships!


Recently we returned from a trip to visit our family in California and Oklahoma.  While in California we were privileged to visit a friend of mine from college and her family.  We had a blast!; but one picture I took startled me for just a second....




 My heart leaped out of my chest when I saw Aaliyah "holding hands" with a boy!  He was guiding Aaliyah and his sister Selah back to us; but it still took me by surprise...I think mainly because I realized in that instant that it is only a matter of time before both my girls will be grown and establishing families of their own.  For Aaliyah it could be as soon as 16 years.  That may sound like a long time to you; but it doesn't to me. 

Here is my little bit of advice for you today....Guard your relationships.  Who you bring around your children will have a part in who they (your children) become.  Some people you have to be around, others you chose.  Choose wisely!


1 Corinthians 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.







Until Next time,


2 comments:

Jolene said...

I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to the one she is holding hands with. :-)

Tinyla said...

I think you're right, Jolene! Really it is a precious picture. - Tinyla

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...