Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Garden!







It's that time of year again and I am so excited.  We spent all day yesterday getting the garden ready for planting. This year we plan to add an herb garden to the mix.  I will do my best to keep pictures uploaded and share any tips with you that I can.   Today's tip...don't plant your carrot by your squash.  I did one year and it stunted the growth of my carrots. (A helpful website about companion planting here.) Also, plant some basil by your tomatoes.  It is supposed to enhance the flavor (I don't know about that) and also keep bugs away.  It did help with that.  One more tip and I have shared this before...Use fish tank water for all your plants as a fertilizer; but especially pepper plants.  If you know anyone with a tank, ask them for a few gallons of water from it when they clean it montly.  My pepper plants have grown as high as three feet and that is all I use on them.

Until next time.

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...