Friday, August 5, 2011

A Family Affair

Since 2008 we have had a family garden.  When I was a child I remember my mom planting a garden.  She has a GREEN thumb.  We really enjoyed harvesting the cherry tomatoes.  Well, I didn't really participate in my Mom's garden -other than eating from it. When we were newly married my husband told me that one of his desires was to have a garden; so I decided to make his desire come to pass.  He came home from work one day to find a huge mess in the backyard...but he didn't mind after he found out why it was there!  We really enjoyed that garden.  It was my prayer garden.  I spent a lot of time in prayer for us and others while I was working in that garden.  The following are a few photos from our first garden.  Click here  to view more.




This year I am happy to report our garden did better than last year.  Last year we only had four pepper plants and four tomato plants.  This year we had tomatos, bell peppers, onion, a corn (litterally - the floods we had caused all but one seed from both plantings to rot), squash, green beans, lettuce, and watermelon.  It truly was a family affair! We had a great time tilling, planting, weeding, and watching it grow.  Now we are enjoying eating from it.  To view a few more photos click here.








Psalm 104:14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;


No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...