Friday, December 6, 2019

Celebration Time!


Ready to hit the road!
Today the little people and I went out on the town in celebration of them having a dry pull-up for 14 days. 
What an accomplishment!!! For a while we were buying pull-ups every two weeks for three children.
I felt like I was throwing money in the trash!! We tried a variety of different approaches to solve this
problem (no drinks after dinner; plastic liners for the mattresses; supplements for stronger bladders,
etc) ; but nothing worked.  One day while the grandparents were here; we were told stories about
certain individuals who used to wet the bed and then blame their older siblings. In my family;
I remember that my brother was a bed wetter until he was about 11 years old.  
One of children decided that they were not going to wet the bed any longer and asked their dad
to wake them up in the wee hours of the morning in order to use the restroom. 
Their mama was willing to pay for the pull-ups so she could sleep in peace. (cheese!)


It worked for her. She has not been wearing pull-ups and has had a dry bed for several months now. 
The two small ones were soaking through pull-ups and waking with wet sheets; and then some
days one or two of them would be dry in the morning. This made me think maybe the issue with
at least one of them was laziness rather than genetics.  

Raymond and I decided to give them a little incentive to wake up dry.  I counted out 14 pieces
of candy and put them in separate containers for each kid.  If they brought me a dry pull-up
in the morning, I would give them a piece of candy.  Once they finished the candy we would
get them a burger and fries as a celebration. Please understand that we don’t buy candy for our kids. 
It is amazing what a little candy will motivate a kid to do! Instead of me buying pull-ups and doing loads of
soiled laundry and sheets; I now hear them using the bathroom early in the morning
on. their. own.
Today was day 15 for both lil’ Raymond and Rayanna.  We made a day of it.
(...or at least an afternoon. Our morning was filled with our normal routine, music class, 
and school work).

Where did we go? What did we do?

We went to the bank, then to Walmart. We got burgers, drinks, fries and mozzarella sticks (for me) at Sonic, and took Max to the dog park. We had a good time.



The lake by the dog park.  A lot of people in our
area enjoy fishing here as well.
A beautiful view in our backyard.




Can any of you relate? Do any of you have bed wetters?

Until Next Time,


No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...