Thursday, April 25, 2019

Love Note


Lunchbox Love Note
by Kenn Nesbitt

Inside my lunch to my surprise
a perfect heart-shaped love note lies.
The outside says, "Will you be mine?"
and, "Will you be my valentine?"

I take it out and wonder who
would want to tell me "I love you."

Perhaps a girl who's much too shy
to hand it to me eye to eye.

Or maybe it was sweetly penned
in private by a secret friend

Who found my lunchbox sitting by
and slid the note in on the sly.

Oh, I'd be thrilled it were Jo, 
the cute one on the second row.

Or could it be from Jennifer:
Has she found out I'm sweet on her?
My mind's abuzz, my shoulders tense.
I need no more of this suspense.

My stomach lurching in my throat,
I open up my little note.

Then Wham! as if
it were a bomb, 
inside it reads,
"I love you-Mom."


This is a cute, little poem I found in search of something for our church bulletin last Mother's Day.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Until Next Time,



No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...