Monday, May 7, 2018

UP : The Queen of Multi-tasking


A couple of weeks ago at one of our church's LAFs (Lighthouse After-church fellowship), one of our ladies called me the "queen of multi-tasking".  I took that as a compliment.  One of the gifts of being a woman is being able to do many things at once.  I believe girls are born with this God-given ability for many reasons.  Men, on the other hand, do not frequently posses this gift. 

This was illustrated most vividly to me at clean-up time in my classroom during my brief time as a Christian School teacher.  I had a class of Kindergartners and first graders.  Free time was over and cleanup time had begun.  I stood by and watched as the girls grabbed piles of blocks and dumped them at once.  The boys grabbed one block at a time and tossed it into the bucket. The girls grabbed 3 or 4 books to put away. The boys grabbed them one by one and shoved them onto the book shelf.

Another example that comes to mind is that of the typical fast food eatery.  Most of the time when you go through the drive through a woman is taking your order, getting drinks, filling orders,  and taking money.  If, by chance, a man does help you...he may get drinks also, or take money; but I have never seen him do more than that simultaneously.
From Pajamas to uniform almost everyday.  Raymond D. is a lover
of Justice and fast cars...think corvette

So what's the challenge? For me, it is to not multi-task so much; but rather to stop and focus on my loved ones.  I already practice this with my husband some (...wink); but I can get away with it more with my children.  Sometimes I just need to stop all the busyness and focus on them individually.  Look them in the eye, listen to their dreams, play a game with them, jump on the trampoline, etc.  I have been told by seasoned mothers to let the housework wait and focus on what matters; but that is somewhat hard to do at times.  Laundry does matter. A clean house does matter.  Contrary to what my kids think, Mama taking a shower/bath does matter! It is so true, however, that in a few years, My family won't remember whether the house was dusted weekly or not.  They will remember the time we build a puzzle together, or that Mama did a flip on the trampoline (wishful thinking here), or played bad guys and cops (I am always the bad guy, and he is always the police officer).


Us attempting to save a baby opossum that Raymond D. brought to me one morning.  The dogs found the mama and babies earlier that morning, I guess.  Mama and one baby survived...for a while.  Aaliyah wants to be a vet someday and was thrilled to "help" this one.




Until Next Time,


No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...