Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Confession #3 - Afraid


This confession may be a little bizarre; but I don't like dealing with children at the altar.  So many people, myself included, have the testimony that they prayed when they were a child; but doubted and had to pray again later to be sure they were saved.  Well, like it or not; I am the first altar worker my husband calls on when a child or young lady raises their hand for salvation. 

The Sunday evening before last we had a little visitor in church.  We have been praying for some time for a single mom that lives in Newport to come to our church and let the Lord do a work in her life.  She is a close friend of one of our faithful members and has visited before; and she is very friendly when we see her around town. Well, it was her little five year old daughter who came with a friend to our service last week.  I don't remember what my husband preached about; but at the end of the service he invited those who wanted to pray to be saved, as he always does.  I was sitting directly behind her and saw her raise her hand; but my husband didn't see her.  Well, she must have been really serious because after he prayed the closing prayer she walked right up to him and told him she wanted to be saved!  I dropped everything and took her to my Sunday school classroom and VERY CAREFULLY and with fear and trembling shared with her verses and explained the best I could about God's gift of salvation.  I asked her if she was a sinner- if she had ever done anything that was bad; and with a look of severe concentration on her face she confessed, "Yes."  I told her that she could ask Jesus to forgive her for any bad thing she has done and will ever do and he would forgive her and take her to Heaven when she died.  She understood that people who didn't pray for Jesus to save them went to Hell.  She very sincerely prayed to become a Christian. 

She left that room with a HUGE smile on her face and went and told her friend that she got saved!  What a blessing.  Now if we could just get her mom and dad (and step mom) to understand that they need Jesus too!

Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.


Until next time,

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...