Wednesday, December 5, 2012

KHATS 13 - Don't Scorn


My next challenge to you mothers in to never scorn or criticize anyone your child should respect...This may include, but is not limited to their sorry, good-for-nothing daddy, your pastor, police, or anyone in authority.  You may think the marked out words; but never speak them.  They will find out the truth about the deadbeats in their lives all too soon.  Let  Pray that God will do a work in their hearts and lives so that when the truth comes to the light they will accept it gracefully and desire better for themselves and their future family. 

I guess my mom's way of obeying this principle was to never speak of my dad.  I have encountered him only two or three times in my life.  (He has since passed away.)  I know very little about him; but the little I do know is not very favorable.  When I met my husband one of the things I looked for in him when I met him was if he would be a good father or not.  My husband is very good with kids.  I love that about him. 

In the case of this challenge the old saying works..."If you can't say anything nice; don't say anything at all."  In my experience when you criticize someone a person loves and respects, it makes that person loose respect for you - their opinion of the other party is rarely changed. 

Proverbs 18:21


Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Until next time,



No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...