Tuesday, October 2, 2012

KHATS 12- Learn to Cook



 

I am in the process of making a little cook book for a singe mom in our church.  (31 days - breakfast,lunch, and dinner for one month) this, for me, is a huge task. Sometimes I can be a bit of a perfectionist, especially when I am putting something with my name on it in print for someone else to examine and use.

My mother could not cook when she first started her family, but she is a GREAT cook now. My brother’s dad taught her. My grandmother grew up in an orphanage, and unless they had cooking classes, she probably learned later in life as well. I knew how to cook a few things when I first got married…like Top Ramen noodles and microwave popcorn! Oh, and a turkey for Christmas. Long story short - when my husband and I were dating I visited him for Christmas. Just before I arrived he informed me that he wanted me to cook the turkey and his sisters to make the side dishes.  I made an emergency call to my roommate and she gave me strict instructions. I followed them and it was the best Christmas turkey I have ever eaten!  (He bought a ring about two weeks later.).

Husband or no husband learn to cook. You and your kids need to eat more than instant meals and take-out. I will also add learn to cook healthy meals. They don’t need to be elaborate or gourmet; just simple and good will do.   If you can read and follow directions, you can cook! 

Proverbs 15:17

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.

Until Next Time,





No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...