Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Little Devotion

The Importance of Reading Your Bible

I.  Hebrews 4:12, 13
     The word of God shows us what is in our heart, and sometimes what is in the heart of others we deal   with.
II.  2 Timothy 3:16-17
      a. doctrine: truth, instruction
      b. reproof:  what is wrong, chiding
      c.  correction:  chastise, how to get it right
      d.  instruction in righteousness:  how to keep it right
III.  Psalm 119:11, 16, 42, 50
      a.  Keeps us from sin
      b.  our defense  1 Tim. 5:14
      c.  our encouragement 
           reproach:  to rail, chide, taunt, insult, disgrace, scorn   - Ps. 119:161-165
      d.  our comfort


This is just a little nugget that I enjoyed and am preparing to share with our ladies.

Until next time,

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...