Monday, September 13, 2010

Today, when I entered the grocery store I immediately recognized the song playing over the store's sound system.  It was one of my favorite groups when I was in my early teens (Boyz II Men - for anyone who would recognize them.)  I used to be so "in love" with this group and thought I would just "die" if any one of them ever spoke to me.  Today, I had a very different reaction to their music. 

As always when I hear a song I recognize, I ask the Lord to help me to tune it out and keep my mind centered on Him and focused on the task at hand.  He helped me do that; but he also helped me to realize something.  The guy singing sounded like he was whining!  Who wants to be around a whining man!!!  Certainly not me, or any other woman in her right mind.  The only lyric I can remember from  the song said, "Won't somebody tell me how to get things back the way they used to be..." 

Well, my husband  ( he is so wise) and I were recently having a discussion about this very topic.  Often many people "fool around" before they get married  - if they even bother with matrimony - then after the wedding and a little bit of time; they complain that things just aren't the same.  Why is this?  Could it be because sin is pleasurable for a season; but afterward it yeilds fruit that is unpleasant.  The Bible tells us in Proverbs 9 that "
Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell." - verses 17,18


(I personally have noticed that there is just something about a candy bar eaten in secret that makes it taste extra good; but when your husband finds the wrapper and asks, "Where did this come from?"; it doesn't feel so good.  I should know.  -We are trying to drop a few extra pounds so we have a no sweets until Sunday rule.  Oops!)

My husband just preached about this subject Yesterday.  He just doesn't believe that God would give the same blessings to a couple who honored Him and waited to enjoy the "pleasures" of marriage until they were married and those who "eat stolen waters" and then marry.  Please understand that I am not saying that God won't forgive and bless; but I am saying that there will be added blessings for those who wait to enjoy the "act of marriage".

I am so glad that the Lord has opened my eyes to the foolishness of worldly music.

Tinyla

Psalm 40:1-3
 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.




2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.






3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...