Proverbs 31 - Revised For Today
(by Mrs. Patricia Brown)
- Who can find a modern woman? for her price is equal to that of a man.
- Her husband had better appreciate her, or she will find a man who will.
- She will look out for herself and not him all the days of her life.
- She works willingly with her hands-as long as she gets adequate pay and an appropriate title.
- She is like the merchant's ships, and eateth only gourmet food.
- She riseth also while it is yet morning, puts herself first, and then if there is any time left, she will consider others.
- She considereth a new house and buyeth it (no matter what her husband says).
- She maketh up her mind and abideth stubbornly by her success manual.
- She perceiveth that she is good, and that her wants and needs are of number one importance.
- She worketh hard at the things that are important to her, and sacrificeth all upon the altar of career.
- She looketh down on those whose priorities are not the same as hers; and vieweth them with disdain.
- She is not afraid of the snow her her household, that is their problem; and besides, let her husband take his turn.
- She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple, whether they can afford it or not.
- Her husband may be known in the gates, but no one heareth it form her. In fact, she hath not taken his last name because she is a person in her own right.
- She maketh fine linen and selleth it, and delivereth her wares to the merchant, who, unlike her husband, appreciates her hard work.
- Selfishness and greed are her clothing, and she shall be happy right now, no matter what it costs in time to come.
- To her, rights are all important and beauty is vital, but a woman who disregards the Lord and His plan shall be totally unfulfilled.
- all the days of her life.