Thursday, September 9, 2010
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
4 chicken thighs
4 cups of water
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or 1 large can)
3 tortillas (yes, white flour tortillas you would use for burritos!) Cut them into strips - mine were about 2
inches long and once inch wide.
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbs. pepper
1 Tbs. garlic
2 Tbs. butter
1. Remove skin from chicken and boil in 4 cups of water (with or without veggies) until fully cooked.
2. Remove chicken from "broth". De-bone and shred.
3. Add chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and let simmer for about 15 minutes
4. Add butter and return to boil.
5. Once the soup has returned to a rolling boil, add tortilla slices.
6. Let boil for a few minutes (just long enough for the tortillas to become dumplings).
7. Turn off heat and stir.
8. Voila! That is it. Beware, it will be hot!!! (My honey likes his food that way, but Aaliyah preferred hers with an ice cube in it.
P.S. I am no professional cook. I tried it this way. It was a hit! I will absolutely do it again!