Monday, May 31, 2010

Unclog your drains...

Ever run out of draino? Well here is a do it yourself recipe for unclogging even the most stubborn drains.   I have used this recipe in my kitchen and in my bathroom.  (Most recently my shower...it took three applications; but it worked.)

Recipe:

1/2 cup baking soda
1 cup vinegar
1 gallon boiling water

Carefully siphon all the baking soda down the drain. Pour in 1/2 of the vinegar, covering the hole so the fizz is forced down, not up (omit this for toilets, please!). Add the second half of the vinegar, following the same procedure. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so, and then flush with an entire gallon of boiling water.

Just like with the homemade Oxyclean, the power is in the fizz caused by the reaction of the vinegar with the baking soda.  You might even do this once a month or so just to keep the gunk from building up.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...