Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ugh!!! I WANT MY BODY BACK...

I thougt as I popped in my walk-at-home video. I am gonna walk four miles today! Two seconds later...I sure wish I had some mint chocolate chip brownie ice cream from Food Lion. These were my thoughts as I picked up the book entitled "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding". My computer was being slow, so I thought I would read while I waited. (It's nap time!) Aly is now eight months old and I planned to stop nursing at nine months, so I needed a strategy. I thought one of the benefits of nursing was that you loose your baby weight faster. Wrong!!! Nursing does allow your uterus to get back into shape faster; but for over 80% of women, it causes their bodies to store fat. I decided I must be in the 80+% because I still have 27 lbs. to go eight months later. Add to that the fact that my baby girl LOVES to nurse. She loves to eat!!! (takes after her mother:) When I was pregnant with her, I swear, everytime I smelled food she started kicking. Anyway, after reading a few pages of the afore mentioned book, I realize that I hadn't stumbled upon that book at Goodwill by accident. When I consider all the benefits that nursing has for my little sweetheart, as well as myself, I decided that I could live with wearing a 16 instead of a 10 for a little while longer for the sake of my child. This is yet another area where I need to surrender and allow the Lord to reprogram my mind. My husband wanted a large family, and when I say large I mean large! (10 kids!)to which I replied, "You must be crazy!" Now he says six (The bill from one may have influenced his thinking); and I am thinking ten doesn't sound so bad. God is able!!! (The feminist movement has really influenced our society - and me- so much. Sometimes we don't even realize it.) Someday I'll have to write a book about it! (Did I mention that I popped the DVD in, I have yet to walk! - I'll get to it:)

1 comment:

raising4princesses said...

Keeping walking! 10 kids...you go girl....I'd want 10 to if I could. It's a little pricey when you get to buying plane tickets for that many and I want to see my family ever-so-often. Breast feeding is great and so special. I miss it....weird, I know, but I love that connection with your baby that's just between you. Keeping writing, Maria

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...