Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I Need a Cleansing!

Hello Friends!

Last year, the ladies of our church met together about three times for the purpose of focusing on and sharing a specific portion of scripture.  Our first meeting had the theme of putting God first (Matthew 6:33) .  The second meeting we studied the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5). In the third meeting we focused on the armor of God as it pertains to women and mothering (Ephesians 6).

We had our first meeting for the year last Saturday.  Our verse and topic to meditate on was Psalm 119:9 - 

"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word."

I thought it was very appropriate that the ladies wanted to have a juice bar instead of normal snacks.  I mean, who isn't up for a cleansing juice, right!?!

The meeting went well; but one thing stood out to me as I was preparing for my five minutes of sharing.  The difference in the definition of clean and cleanse.  Clean has to do with removing dirt from the external.  Cleanse has to do with purifying the internal. 

The best tool I know for cleansing the soul is the Word of God.  As a young person I was challenged to hide the word of God in my heart, to read it daily, to memorize it, and to put into practice what I learned.  I don't think I realized how establishing the habit of reading the Word of God was cleansing my way.

I tried to issue the same challenge to our ladies.  I know the verse specifically says, "young man"; but I believe ANYONE can benefit from taking heed to the word of God.  Rather than focusing on looking like a clean vessel; May we let the Word of God make us a clean vessel, by cleansing us of our ways and intents; and replacing them with His.

Until Next Time,




No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...