Friday, August 24, 2018

Homeschooling 202: Part 2


I'm back.  I have a few moments to myself, so I thought I would attempt to finish out this topic.  I ended the last post with our second grade work and curriculum.  Our last grade is fourth grade.  My daughter Aaliyah and my other niece are both in the fourth grade.

Fourth Grade:
I continue with the before mentioned curricula for reading (Abeka), Penmanship (Handwriting without Tears), and math (Math Lessons for a Living Education).  I would like to add that last year I used Saxon for math...which I love; but felt would be too time consuming for our family this year.  I feel I get the same quality in less time with Math Lessons for a Living Education...and it has more personality built into the curriculum.
We all do geography together.  Science for them is Zoology 1.  I am currently allowing them to listen in and participate minimally with the second graders as we do grammar until their books arrive.  I have been watching and reading reviews about Writers in Residence and am excited about beginning this new grammar program with them.

Below you will see our schedule for the week.  Please know that this is a map for us.  It is a rare that we are able to follow it strictly, but it is always best to have a vision for each day.
     10:30 - 11:00                       Pre-school with Rayanna  (Tues., Wed., Fri. only)
     11:00 - 11:30                       Circle Time (pray, sing, Bible, Read alouds, Discussion)
     11:30 - 12:30                       Focus on K-5 and 1st grade  (Tues., Wed., Fri. only)
     12:30 - 12:45                       Snack and Bathroom Break
     12:45 - 1:30                         Focus on 1st and 2nd grade's blended subjects
       1:30 -   2:00                        Lunch Break
       2:00 - 3:00                          Focus on 2nd Grade
       3:00 - 4:30                          Focus on 4th grade

Basics are done Daily
(Reading, Penmanship/Copywork, and Math)
 
Monday
Free/Make-up Day
Prayer, Pledges, Praise (music), Character Study
 
Tuesday
History (4th Grade Only)
 
Wednesday
Memory Work
2nd and 4th - Grammar and Literature Day
 
Thursday
Library Day
Read our read aloud together and listen to each child read aloud for at least 15 minutes.
 
Friday
2nd and 4th Science
 
Saturday
The Arts and Prep zones/special music for Sunday
 
Aali
 
Devorianna

 
Until next time, 






No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...