Friday, July 20, 2012

Birthdays!/KHATS 7

I feel like I am behind a time curve.  A couple of weeks ago I had jury duty, then  {among other things}I had a major project to complete for the church.  Now I am preparing for a major trip to California in celebration of my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary.  The trip is still a ways away; but it never hurts to be over-prepared!  So...all that being said...what has been going on with us? Aaliyah and Cassidy had a birthday party to celebrate Aaliyah turning 3 and Cassidy turning 1.  I can't believe how the time has flown.  It was a lot of work preparing for the party; but it was also a lot of fun.  Part of the work was staying within my budget.  My goal was to spend no more than $25.00.  I felt guilty about spending $50 until I remembered that I was planning a party for two people!  25+25=50!  (That salved my conscience anyway.)  Click on the link to view pics from the party.

Birthday party pictures


KHAT Challenge:

Don't spend money and a lot of effort on things your kids won't remember anyway.  We could have gone to Chuckie Cheeses, or I could have rented a bounce house; but I chose not to.  One thing I had to remind myself of over and over again is that the party wasn't about me...it was about making the day special for our girls.  The goal was not to impress all in attendance with my creative juices and mothering skills; (but again) it was about making it special for our girls.
Until next time,



No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...