Tuesday, October 17, 2017

UP (Unparented Parents)


One of the things that burdens my heart most is the way that some parents treat their children.  I am especially burdened for single mothers and their families because I believe that families in this category (single parent homes) are challenged most in the area of kindness to one another and training children for success.  Single parents seem to mostly by trying to make it through to the next day alive! My mother and I both grew up in single parent homes. My grandmother, on the other hand, was raised in an orphanage from the age of 5 to adulthood. Her mother died and her father was rendered not capable of raising children due to his severe alcoholism.  I believe that because of my family history, I figured I needed some help in bringing up children that would actually do something productive with their lives.

Once I decided that I would marry and become a mother (God-willing), I began to study good, succesful homes and reflect on the homes of those I had been exposed to in my short life time.
I absolutely love to read information regarding family (ie. love, marriage, child rearing, birth order, etc.).  I also love to share information with others about how to love their children and train them for success in life.  This may seem odd, as my children are still very young; but I know that (by the grace and mercy of God) I am experiencing a measure of success in a few areas regarding child rearing.   I say this because almost every place we go,  my children receive compliments on their behavior.  I do not deserve all the credit for any apparent success with our children because I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man who is a great father. Also, I ask God for wisdom almost daily regarding my children and their future.
Why am I saying all this....because several people have hinted that I should write a book  and give seminars about training children. I keep feeling impressed to do so by the Lord as well.  I have begun studying and writing.  Although the book is nowhere near publication, I have decided to share some highlights with you.  It is my hope and prayer that some family somewhere will be blessed by this information! Let me know what you think ...and leave questions please, if you have any!

Until next time,


No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...