Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lead by Example



One lady that I have a lot of admiration and respect for came to visit us a few weeks back.  For  three years I was able to observe Mrs. Theresa Lucas in action.  Her husband, Leon Lucas, was our pastor when we lived in North Carolina.  A more diligent, thankful, and sweet woman you will never find; but the characteristic or attribute I want to thank her for demonstrating to me is in the area of prayer.  Proverbs 8:17 says -  I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
 Mrs. Lucas always encouraged everyone around her to pray before you began anything...and I mean anything and everything.  Before we began any activity- she prayed, before she turned the car engine on to travel anywhere -she prayed, before we began to practice for a song- she prayed, before she began to cook dinner- she prayed. 

I don't know if it's just my personality, or pride, or what; but I tend to dive into things that I think I am capable of handling without prayer; forgetting that the scriptures tell us that ...."I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5
Thank you Mrs. Lucas for the reminder!
Until next time,

 
 

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...