Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  We sure did.  It was more a day of relaxation and refreshment.  We also had a wonderful New Year's Day.  All of our members were in church!  What a wonderful way to start the new year.  I am so thankful that the first day of the year was a Sunday.  We also had a wonderful Sunday yesterday.  A couple of weeks ago we visited the home of a woman who recently moved to Newport.  She saw us at McDonalds and told us she wanted to come to our church.  (We've heard that before!)  Well, she called me Friday and said she needed a ride.  (Surprise #1)  Then when I went to pick her up on Sunday she was waiting by the door (Surprise #2)!  When I dropped her off after church she was so excited.  She said she will be back next week with her daughter.  What a blessing! 

The purpose for this post is to tell you that I will probably be MIA for a few weeks.  We have a couple of meetings to attend out of town so I will be away from my local library.  Please pray for us as we share our burden for Newport with those who may never visit; but will possibly be pledging their support and prayers.

Until next time,

No comments:

Tween book list!

Hello friend! Thank you for sharing your time with me today! I have had several requests for what we will be/are currently reading. I often ...