Monday, March 7, 2011

This weeks favorite meal...Meatballs!


Last Friday evening we had meatballs, green beans, and yellow potatoes.  The recipe is as follows:


Meatballs
1 lb.      ground beef
1/4 - 1/2        cup oatmeal
1 TBS.  salt
1 tsp.    Garlic powder

1 TBS.  sugar
1           egg
black pepper to taste
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.

Mush the top 7 ingredients together in a bowl with your hands.  Form your meatballs to a size you like - I did about an inch in diameter.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, then remove the meatballs from the oven and put in a large pot on the stove and cover with the bottle of sauce. ( I used Hot and Spicy BBQ sauce)  Let simmer for about 20 minutes to an half hour and Voila!

Green beans
2 cans green beans
2 TBS Butter
1/4 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic minced

Cook stove top until done.

Potatoes
I cut up about four medium sized yellow (or sometimes called golden) potatoes and steamed them until they were tender.  Then I transferred them to a bowl and covered them with about 2 TBS of butter and a pinch of salt.

Note: The oatmeal in the meatballs can be replaced with bread crumbs or crushed crackers; but oatmeal is so good for you and it works great in meatballs as well as meatloaf.  I don't use salt in my recipes if I use a canned veggie (i.e. green beans).

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Tinyla, I made your meatballs tonight (with a few spicy changes to satisfy my Cajun!), and we loved them! It will definitely be a regular meal for us from here on out.

Hello Friend! Today's topic is "Seasons". This word has been rolling around in my head for some time now. It first began whe...